Welcome to our new lifetime NJREA members! Welcome to our new annual 2020-2021 NJREA/ REACMC members! Welcome to our new and renewing 2020-2021 Multi-County REACMC members! Welcome to all those REACMC members who have renewed their memberships! You can be sure that all of the benefits of membership in this coming year will help to keep you informed and pay you rewards that are very valuable.
If you are receiving this notice, and have not renewed your 2020-2021 membership in NJREA and REACMC, this may be one of the last communications you will receive from us! Your 2019-2020 membership expires on September 1, 2020, and your access to all communication and membership benefits will end if you do not renew! Only days remain for you to maintain continued, uninterrupted membership and its privileges! To renew, all you need to do is call NJEA Headquarters at (609) 599-4561, or go to njea.org. Either way, you may renew with your credit card. It’s that easy! If you have any questions, please contact our membership chairperson, Anne Doyle by phone at (609) 522-3077 or by email at email@example.com.
The REACMC Executive Committee is in the process of planning virtual membership meetings between October and December for its members. Restrictions due to the Coronavirus pandemic have necessitated our looking to alternate means of communicating with you. We do not anticipate in person membership meetings before 2021. In the meantime, we will continue to send email blasts locally whenever we see that information has not been sent directly from NEA and NJREA to you. Duplicating communication is not necessary. Please be sure to open all emails from NEA, NJREA, and REACMC, and read all snail mail newsletters and notices as well!
In the meantime, there are items of importance that we need to bring to your attention now.
* NJREA members will be able to register for Health Benefits Webinars in September to gain access to information in time for the new Healthcare plan to start January 1, 2021. This plan only applies to non-Medicare
retirees. Non-members will not be able to participate.
* Governor Murphy has just this week proposed the new State budget with some great initiatives for retirees, such as a $4.9 Billion contribution to the pension system; funding restored for the Homestead Benefit and
Senior Freeze property tax relief programs. Our State legislators need phone calls or emails from you to encourage them to vote in favor of this budget!
* Voting in the November election will be paramount in deciding how we maintain the quality of life we have worked so hard to gain for ourselves and our families. Make sure that you vote by mail or in person and that
you support pro-education candidates!
* Participating in the 2020 Census will insure that our state and local communities get federal funding for our citizens here where we live! Make sure you are counted either by mail or online!
As summer ends, we look forward to cooler breezes and lower temperatures! Speaking for the Executive Committee, I assure you that we will continue to prioritize the health and safety of our REACMC members as we make decisions moving forward. We anticipate your continued participation and support in the coming months!
Carol Ann McDonald
NJREA’s 100th Anniversary with an NJREA Shirt or Jacket and show your pride.
Important Technical Information:
- How to log in to the NJEA/NJREA/REACMC websites
- Sign up to receive REACMC emails
- NJEA PAC Contribution Form